Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Here We Go

We had a visit with the cardiologist today. Abby's weight gain was less than ideal, but not terrible. However, her oxygen levels were fairly low (trouble reaching 70 for those keeping track), and after looking at her echo, Dr. Castro says it's time for the Glenn.

Dr. Castro is hoping to have the surgery take place in the next 2-4 weeks. I'm waiting for our cardiologists at CHOP to all me to schedule Abby for an echo down in Philly. Depending on the echo, they will decide if they need to do catheterization to take measurements and such. Since she had a cath when she had the stent put in a few months ago, we may be able to skip this step. We'll see.

In many ways I am relieved that it is time for this surgery. If all goes well, she should be much more stable after the Glenn. Her eating should improve, and hopefully she won't need the oxygen anymore. That being said, I am definitely scared for her to have open heart surgery again, and sad to be leaving Anna for who knows how long. We have found such a wonderful rhythm as a family, I hate to upset the balance we have here. I know this is for the best, and Abby will be so much better once it's over. Then if all goes well, we have at least another two years until we have to think about her final surgery.

I'll keep you all updated as I know more.

**The monitor last month showed that Abby is still having some issues with her rhythm, so we're still on the meds. Oh well.**

3 comments:

Drew's Mom said...

I have been following Abby for a while now after finding her blog through Toes.

I will be praying for you all. The circle of pray for Abby is so much larger than you probably imagine. You have two beautiful little girls - all the best to you.

Wendie said...

HANG IN THERE ABBY AND FAMILY, you'll be in our prayers, post as soon as we know when the surgery is!

Stephanie said...

I am praying everything goes smoothly and that she is home and healthy before you expect.

love Stephanie