Thursday, July 10, 2008

All Wired Up

We had our check up with Dr. Castro on Tuesday. Abby had an echo and everything with her heart function looks great! That was the good news. Then Dr. Castro told us it was time for a 24-hour Holter Monitor to see if she has finally outgrown her rhythm issues from her first surgery. For the life of me, I could not imagine how I was going to keep the monitor attached to Abby and convince her and her very technologically inclined sister from messing with it.

They both surprised me and did a great job. Here are some pics of my girl all wired up:








































Now for the even better news: Dr. Castro called this morning and said Abby's monitor results look "pretty darn good!" That means she can come off the Propranolol (a beta blocker) that she used to get 3x a day. This will make our lives so much easier. We are thrilled!

Abby just continues to amaze us, and we continue to enjoy a wonderful summer together as a family. We are truly thankful for every day. Bryan has had a lot of time off from flying, so we've been making the most of it!

5 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

What great news! I think only a heart mommy can truly understand how much it means to get such good news (not to mention easing the medication schedule). I am so happy for you and Abby. It's nice to hear you are able to enjoy some family time together this summer. Ethan has another echo next Friday. I hope our news is as good as yours. We'll be crossing our fingers. Take Care!!!

---Allison

Jen said...

fantastic news! I am so glad things are going well - she is such a doll too :)

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone...Happy Summer! I'm so thrilled about Abby's progress and big sister Anna's helpfulness. Hope everyone's fine.....New cousin yet?????

My love to all and God Bless,
Daria

SteveC said...

Hi, Abby!

My name is Steve, I'm 41, and I have a heart defect, too! Mine is Tricuspid Atresia, which is a little different than yours. It's good to see you doing so well!

I was at a meeting of adults with heart defects a few months ago, and I thought you'd like to know that I met *several* people with HLHS! So you are not alone!

Ask your folks to take a look at my blog, "Adventures of a Funky Heart!" at http://tricuspid.wordpress.com/ You can come, too, but it's got some "doctor talk" that you may not be able to understand yet. I don't understand a lot of "doctor talk" myself!

I'm wishing you the best! When someone asks you who you are, tell them, "I'm a Cardiac Kid!" :)

Always your friend;
Steve

Em said...

She is so cute! I love how you can see her personality through the pictures!