Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We Have A Date for Surgery

Well, sort of.

The Good News:
We finally got to speak with a scheduler at CHOP.

The Bad News: The scheduled Abby's surgery for July 31. This is Dr. Spray's first available date to do the surgery,

It's been 5 weeks since Dr. Castro (our local cardiologist) told us that she would like to see Abby's surgery happen in the next 2-4 weeks. 8 additional weeks of waiting is totally unacceptable.

I talked to Dr. Castro this morning and she has already called Abby's doctors at CHOP to let them know she didn't think it was safe for Abby to wait that long for surgery. So now they are working on getting her bumped up on the schedule.

My anxiety level is still pretty high. On the one hand, Dr. Spray is worth the wait, but only if Abby's health isn't at risk. On the other hand, waiting too long could result in emergency surgery performed by some other surgeon who doesn't know Abby at all.

We'll keep you all posted. I just hope this all gets worked out soon. I feel like our life is totally on hold until we get past this surgery!

No comments: