Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stage I

They scheduled Abby's first surgery for this morning. She is doing well, a nice size, and showing no complications. Since there are quite a few babies here right now awaiting surgery, they decided to just go ahead and perform Stage I (The Norwood Procedure) this morning.

Bryan and I went over to the CICU nice and early and they let us spend about an hour holding her and cuddling since she was already disconnected from most of her monitors to go to surgery. We took lots of pictures and she is just as sweet as can be.

They took her into surgery at 8:30 and we expect her to be back at the CICU by this afternoon. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! We'll do our best to keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, you are all in my thoughts today.

Much love,

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Praying for her right now!

Much love, Carin

Anonymous said...

Go, Abby!

I'll be thinking of you!