Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An Update

Yesterday we went down to Philly to meet with the high risk OBs again, and have our final fetal echo and meeting with the cardiologists before Abby is born. This visit seemed much easier than the the last, and although it's always overwhelming and emotional, I felt much better this time around.

We met with a different OB that was I liked much better than those we saw last time. She helped us formulate a detailed plan for when I go into labor to ensure that I make it to either Jersey Shore Medical Center (about 30 min. away) or to HUP in Philly (2 hours away). Looks like I'm already dilated to one centemeter and it's time to start weekly visits with Dr. Thind here locally. I will probably only see the Philly group one more time, in about 3 weeks, before I'm actually in labor. We also had an ultrasound to check Abby's growth. She's right on track and almost 6 lbs.

The fetal echo was uneventful. Everything looks the same, which is good news. The cardiologists are optimistic at this point that nothing new will develop between now and when Abby is born, which is a relief. Dr. Cohen said everything looked "perfect" which made me laugh since perfect is so relative for us!

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. We're really getting down to the wire now!

Our next step is to wait for Abby to show up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a great appointment. Before you know it you will be holding your bundle of joy.
Hugs, Stephanie

Haricot 微豆 said...

Happen to pass by ....

Congratulation and take care of yourself and baby Abby :)

Anonymous said...

She's almost here!!! Time flew!
Thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

She's almost here!!! Time flew!
Thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is so close. Best wishes to you all.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you.

*Smooches*